Tochilovsky Is Featured in “Co.Design” Series

In the Co. Design series about designers’ firsts, 10 well-known designers’ were asked when they knew their career was about to hit a major steady stride. Alumni Alexander Tochilovsky (2D Design ’07) and Curator of The Cooper Union’s Herb Lubalin Study Center of Design and Typography spoke about his first break when he was hired as the curator of the Herb Lubalin Study Center at The Cooper Union and had to curate my first exhibition.

“I had recently returned to New York from grad school and was teaching at Cooper Union when the position opened up. I had no prior formal experience curating nor dealing with archives, but my time at Cooper as an undergrad, as well as graduate school at Cranbrook Academy of Art, prepared me well for the opportunity. My knowledge of the archive helped me get the job,” said Tochilovsky. “The most exciting yet equally scary prospect for me was that I could do pretty much anything.”

Click here for more of his interview.

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInEmail this to someone
This entry was posted in 2D News, Alumni News, News and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.