Request a Transcript

All transcripts are now requested online through Parchment; click on the Order Records button at the bottom of the page.   

We are pleased to offer secure electronic transcripts!  Cranbrook Academy of Art partners with Parchment to offer both electronic and printed/mailed transcripts. Cost to order is as follows:
     Electronic transcripts – $4.00 each
     Printed/mailed transcripts, domestic mailing – $6.50 each (first-class mail sent within U.S.)
     Printed/mailed transcripts, international mailing – $9.00 each (first-class mail sent outside U.S.)

Why Parchment?  Parchment allows us to better serve our alumni and students in meeting your transcript request needs.   Order and pay online, 24/7.  When ordering, choose the destination option “Yourself or another individual.”

We will fulfill orders within a few days, but please note that it may take a week or so in our busiest seasons or during holiday breaks.  It takes us the same amount of time to process electronic and paper transcript requests, but the time to receive the transcript will always be faster if you choose electronic transcripts. We are unable to provide expedited processing, although you will have the option to order expedited shipping of paper transcripts as part of your Parchment request.  If you have questions, you may contact the Academy Office at (248) 645-3300 or email

Official vs. unofficial transcript:  All transcripts issued by the Registrar’s Office are official.

Please be aware that while the transcript is always processed as an official transcript, it is up to the receiver to determine whether they will accept it as official. Some organizations will only accept as official a transcript (electronic or mailed) that has been sent to them directly by the institution or its authorized transcript processor; this is especially true with educational institutions.  Other receivers may consider official a mailed transcript you provide to them in a sealed envelope that comes directly from the processor.  If in doubt, ask the intended receiver.

Do you just need an unofficial transcript?  You will need to request the transcript through Parchment, because we only issue transcripts through Parchment.  You may want to consider sending the transcript to yourself, either electronically or by mail.  Print it and/or save it as a pdf;  you can send a copy wherever it needs to go, then retain the transcript for use whenever you need an unofficial transcript.

Current students:  You may obtain an in-progress unofficial transcript during the academic year (one per semester).  See Kate LaPier in the CAA Office; you will need to pick up your transcript in person.

Note: Transcripts are not issued if there is an outstanding balance owed to Cranbrook; in this case, you will receive an email from Parchment with instructions for resolution.

Order Credentials from Parchment