Cranbrook Academy of Art welcomes your gifts of support for:
- Scholarships to attract the most talented students to Cranbook Academy of Art.
- Funding to bring leading artists and critics for lectures and studio visits to Cranbrook.
- Travel funds to support student trips to galleries, museums and artists’ studios.
Ten Reasons to Support Cranbrook Academy of Art
- It is an internationally renowned graduate program in art, architecture, and design
- It has been called the cradle of American modernism
- Ten departments in a community of artists and designers creating, living and working together on a campus specifically designed for that purpose
- The highest-ranked institution for prestigious Fulbright Fellowship recipients per capita
- One of the top ten places to study art and design in the United States, as ranked by U.S. News and World Report
- Its unique program with no formal classes or fixed curriculum, but the opportunity to have an intense, interdisciplinary studio practice with mentoring faculty and talented studio colleagues
- Distinguished faculty and graduates who receive prestigious awards such as the Louis Comfort Tiffany Foundation Award, the Pritzker Prize, the National Design Award, and the USA Fellows Award
- An extraordinary complex of buildings and artwork, located on a National Historic Landmark campus described by The New York Times as “one of the most enchanted architectural settings in America”
- An important contributor to the revitalized creative culture in the Detroit metropolitan area
- #1-ranked independent graduate Fine Arts program in the United States