Need a Transcript?

All transcripts are now requested online through Parchment. Parchment allows us to better serve our alumni and students in meeting your transcript request needs. When ordering, choose the destination option “Yourself or another individual.”

*Please note that transcripts will take up to two-weeks to process. At this time we cannot accommodate urgent requests. If you have questions please contact for further information.


  • Electronic transcripts – $4.00 each
  • Printed/mailed transcripts, domestic mailing – $6.50 each (first-class mail sent within U.S.)
  • Printed/mailed transcripts, international mailing – $9.00 each (first-class mail sent outside U.S.)

We typically fulfill orders within 7 business days, but please note that it can take up to 14 business days to fulfill an order. It takes us the same amount of time to process electronic and paper transcript requests, but the time to receive the transcript will always be faster if you choose electronic transcripts. We are unable to provide expedited processing, although you will have the option to order expedited shipping of paper transcripts as part of your Parchment request. If you have questions, you may contact the Academy Office at (248) 645-3300 or email

Official vs. unofficial transcript

All transcripts issued by the Registrar’s Office are official.
Please be aware that while the transcript is always processed as an official transcript, it is up to the receiver to determine whether they will accept it as official. Some organizations will only accept as official a transcript (electronic or mailed) that has been sent to them directly by the institution or its authorized transcript processor; this is especially true with educational institutions. Other receivers may consider official a mailed transcript you provide to them in a sealed envelope that comes directly from the processor. If in doubt, ask the intended receiver.

Do you only need an unofficial transcript?
You will need to request the transcript through Parchment, because we only issue transcripts through Parchment. You may want to consider sending the transcript to yourself, either electronically or by mail. Print it and/or save it as a pdf; you can send a copy wherever it needs to go, then retain the transcript for use whenever you need an unofficial transcript.

Current students: You may obtain an in-progress unofficial transcript during the academic year (one per semester). See Kate LaPier in the CAA Office; you will need to pick up your transcript in person.