Department kitchen facilities
A kitchen for student use is located in each department. Students who live on campus and off campus may cook their meals in their department’s kitchen.
Cranbrook Educational Community dining halls
Meals in the two dining halls on campus are all-you-care to eat and cost $8 per meal. Academy students and staff may dine for $5 + tax/meal with ID. A 5-meal punch card may be purchased for $20 in the CAA Office. The Cranbrook Upper School Dining Hall is located adjacent to the Academy. Kingswood Dining Hall is located a short walk away from the Academy.
Monday – Friday
- Breakfast: 7:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
- Lunch: 11:15 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Cranbrook Dining Hall 5:15 p.m. – 7:15 p.m.
- Kingswood Dining Hall 5:15 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Saturday – Sunday
- Continental Breakfast 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Brunch 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Dinner 5:00 p.m. – 6:15 p.m.
The Dining Rooms may be closed for events and scheduled breaks. Dates and times of closures are listed in the CAA Student Handbook and are also available in the CAA Office.
Reflections Café at the Cranbrook Institute of Science
Coffee, snacks, light meals are available for purchase on a cash basis at the Reflections Cafe, located within walking distance of the Academy (closed Mondays).
- Tuesday – Friday 7:45 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Saturday 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Sunday 12:00 noon – 3:00 p.m.